- Bankruptcy Data
- Chapter 11
- Chapter 13
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 9
- Foreclosure Corner
- U.S. Trustee
Roksana D. Moradi
Certified Bankruptcy Specialist since 2014 -- State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization (one of 149 in the State of California)
• Partner, SIMON RESNIK HAYES LLP 2016-Present
• Associate Attorney, SIMON RESNIK HAYES LLP 2012-2016
• Associate Attorney, Law Offices of M. Jonathan Hayes 2009-2012
• Law Clerk, Law Offices of M. Jonathan Hayes March, 2009 to November, 2009
Roksana D. Moradi has dedicated her legal career to representation of both individuals and businesses navigating through Chapter 7 and Chapter 11, and litigation arising in the bankruptcy context.
She has successfully confirmed 62 Chapter 11 Plans of Reorganization for both individuals and businesses, assisting her clients through the “rehabilitation” process at each step of the way. Recent Chapter 11 cases include representing a couple with 19 income producing real properties, a small trucking company, a jewelry store, a dental practice, and an LLC which owns a 13 unit commercial building.
Ms. Moradi was nominated as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2014, 2015, and 2016.
Ms. Moradi is the Chair of the Los Angeles County Bar Association – Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section: Debtor Assistance Project/Pro Bono Sub-Committee; the Vice Chair of the Bankruptcy Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association; and is the Secretary of the Executive Committee of the Bankruptcy/Commercial Law Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
She is currently the Vice President and Programs Chair of the Central District Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys Association (“cdcbaa”) and a Member of the Board of Directors of the Earle Hagen Memorial Golf and Tennis Tournament.
In 2014, Ms. Moradi was selected by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court -- Bar Rules Advisory Group as the Working Group Chair of the “Disclosure Statement in Support of Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization,” “Cash Collateral Motion,” and “Budget Motion” committees working to revise the current versions of those Chapter 11 Individual Debtor forms.
Publication: “The Section 1111(b) Election: A Primer,” California Bankruptcy Journal, December 2011 (with M. Jonathan Hayes).
Presentations: • “Chapter 11: Essentials and Special Situations” MCLE program for Pincus Professional Education on November 4, 2016, with the Hon. Neil W. Bason, Steven R. Fox, Stella Havkin, Peter Lively, and Dennis McGoldrick.
• “9th Circuit Bankruptcy Appellate Panel Review” MCLE program for the San Fernando Valley Bar Association on October 28, 2016, with Katherine C. Bunker and Raymond H. Aver.
• “Elimination of Bias” MCLE program for the cdcbaa at Southwestern Law School on February 27, 2016, with Nancy B. Clark and Magdalena Reyes Bordeaux.
• “When is Conversion Kosher? Exploring the Hows, Whens, and Whys of Converting Cases from One Chapter to Another” MCLE program for the Central District Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys Association (“cdcbaa”) at Southwestern Law School on February 8, 2014, with the Hon. Catherine Bauer and Jeffrey Hagen.
• “An Introduction to Adversary Proceedings” MCLE program for Public Counsel at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court – Los Angeles Division on July 11, 2013, with the Hon. Sandra R. Klein, and attorneys Magdalena R. Bordeaux and Roye Zur.
Ms. Moradi has had a lifetime affinity for volunteer work in her community. As a teenager she was a teaching assistant at Polish Alma Mater, at a school which promotes Polish culture. During law school, she volunteered weekly at Neighborhood Legal Services’ Domestic Abuse Self-Help Desk.
For the past several years, Ms. Moradi has volunteered monthly at Neighborhood Legal Services’ Bankruptcy Self Help Desk and Public Counsel‘s Bankruptcy Self Help Desk and Reaffirmation Clinics.
On September 10, 2014, Ms. Moradi received the Public Counsel Debtor Assistance Project Pro Bono award.
Ms. Moradi received her Juris Doctorate from the University of West Los Angeles – School of Law in June of 2009 and was admitted to the State Bar of California and the United States District Court in December of 2009. Mr. Moradi was admitted to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in 2013. While in law school, Ms. Moradi had the privilege of externing for the Hon. Tracy Grant in San Pedro. Ms. Moradi was the Dean of the Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity her last year of law school.
In 2009, Ms. Moradi was hand-picked by her law school professor, M. Jonathan Hayes, to join his bankruptcy firm. The Law Offices of M. Jonathan Hayes merged with Simon & Resnik, LLP in 2012.
Ms. Moradi immigrated to the United States when she was a child and is fluent in Polish.
San Fernando Valley Bar Association — Bankruptcy Section Program: Judge Russell and J. Scott Bovitz on Sec. 523(a)(2)(A)
Earle Hagen Memorial Golf, Tennis and Poker Tournament at Porter Valley Country Club on Monday, September 19, 2016