Now is the perfect time to join the Business Law Section (BLS) of the State Bar and take advantage of all the BLS membership benefits, including up to 6.0 hours of free Ethics MCLE self-study. The State Bar has extended the MCLE compliance and reporting deadline for those with last names beginning with N-Z (Group 3) to March 1, 2017, so it is not too late to get those much needed credits if you join today.
Your Business Law Section membership will include:
- Free MCLE Opportunities. Earn up to 6.0 hours of Ethics MCLE self-study;
- Business Law News (BLN). A quarterly journal providing articles about cutting edge legal issues affecting the practice of business law in California, including the highly-respected Annual Review of Law issue covering recent legal developments in 13 legal sub-specializations;
- Receive eBulletins from up to 14 BLS Standing Committees, keeping members apprised about new legislation, case law, and administrative rulings;
- Access to Lexology®, a weekly compilation of articles and news of interest to your practice area;
- Receptions, seminars, meetings with California legislators, tours of businesses or facilities relevant to specific legal practices; and
- MCLE Programs. The BLS offers virtually limitless opportunities for economically-priced continuing legal education resources, including specialty credits.
Your annual BLS membership fee is $95. The savings obtained from the free Ethics MCLE credits, alone, more than cover the cost of your BLS membership.
To sign up for the BLS, log in to your My State Bar Profile by following this link: https://members.calbar.ca.gov/
Once logged in, click on the “Sections” hyperlink and follow the prompts.
We hope you will take advantage of the benefits that BLS membership has to offer. For those who are already BLS members, we thank you for your membership and encourage you to make use of the free MCLE opportunities your membership affords, as well as all of the other BLS membership benefits!